The Standard for Safety for Household and Commercial Furnishings.
ASTM E335 “Standard Test Method for Measurement of Airborne Sound Attenuation between Rooms in Buildings”. Achieved 26-30 Decibels of sound reduction.
Electrical Test CSA C22.2 NO 203
This Standard applies to modular wiring systems combined with the office furniture in which they are intended to be used.
Business + Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association, or BIFMA, has recently released an industry guide for pods. The guide highlights a number of factors that “pods” should comply with. These factors included multiple facets of testing and certification including UL and ASTM. Loop Phone Booths are BIFMA Compliant and adhere to the following:
- Occupiable space 2018 IBC Section 202
- Noise isolation class – ASTM C634,ASTM E596, ASTM C423, ASTM E 90 and E 413
- Surface Flammability – ASTM E84, ULC 723, ULC S 102M, ASTM D2859, ASTM E648, NFPA 253
- Sprinklers – NFPA 13, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206.1. If booths are at least 18” below sprinkler deflector/discharge, then sprinklers are not required in the booth. See Page 12. IBC Chapter 9 “Fire Protection Systems” section 903.3.3
- Structure reference ASTM E72 and the IBC. (Chapter 16: load on interior partitions)
- Building Code ASCE 7